Alleged sack of VP’s 35 Aides: Presidency reacts, says its false news

0

After keeping mum for several hours, the presidency last night dismissed as untrue, the list, circulating in the media, containing the names of 35 aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo purportedly sacked on Tuesday night.

In a tweet last night, Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande, said the list was false.

“A list circulating in the media on the so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he tweeted.

There had been unconfirmed reports of the sack of some aides of the vice president Thursday.

The president, who is currently on a two-week private visit to London, had allegedly ordered the sack without any official statement.

But Akande said Thursday the list was untrue and should be ignored.

He also reacted to the attack on Vanguard’s photojournalist in the Presidential Villa, Mr. Abayomi Adesida, by the security aides of the vice president, saying issues bordering on the attack had been resolved.

Akande, who said he had apologised to Adesida for the embarrassment caused him by the incident, added that the action of the security aides was regretted.

“The needless scuffle between a villa accredited photographer, Mr. Abayomi Adesida, and one of our security aides earlier today has since been resolved.
“Incident is regretted and I have apologised to him for any embarrassment caused,” Akande tweeted.

Source

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply

Join Our Official WhatsApp Group For Hot News