Zamfara air strikes: We’re compiling dead civilians’ names, Emirs reply NAF

0

The Zamfara State Council of Chiefs again on Sunday berated the Nigerian Air Force over the bombing of innocent villagers in the state.

The Emir of Bungudu and spokesman for the traditional rulers, Alhaji Hassan Attahiru, in a telephone interview, restated the position of council that NAF “concocted names and figure” of neutralised bandits

He said the traditional rulers had accepted NAF’s challenge to provide the names of civilian victims killed during its air strikes on supposed bandits’ hideouts. He said a list of innocent people killed by the bombing was being compiled.

The News Agency of Nigeria had on Thursday reported that the council of chiefs after a meeting in Gusau, the Zamfara State capital, said many innocent villagers had been killed in misdirected air strikes by the military in the ongoing fight against bandits in the state.

The traditional rulers had said, “The council noted that air strikes undertaken by the military do not hit the main camps of the bandits.

“Reports from Mutu in the Tsafe Local Government Area, Tangaram in the Anka Local Government Area and Dumburum in the Zurmi Local Government Area, among others, are that the areas shelled were not the actual hideouts of the bandits and the victims were innocent civilians.”

But on Friday, NAF faulted the traditional rulers and challenged them to provide evidence of dead civilians.

Source

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply

Join Our Official WhatsApp Group For Hot News