Fayose says police beat him, and Twitter knocks him

Ekiti state governor Ayodele Fayose grabbed and held attention on Wednesday when he broke down while accusing police of attempts to kill him.

He appeared in a neck brace at a rally to speak to journalists.
“I am in pain, I am in severe pain. I can’t turn this neck anymore,” he wailed. His voice seemed to tremble, just on the edge of waterworks.

“If anything happens to me, the Inspector-general of Police [Ibrahim Idris] should be held accountable.”
That’s as much as he got out before a crowd of supporters buoyed him away from the cameras.

Social media has latched onto events around Ekiti election and hashtag #EkitiGate2018 is trending.
Twitterati called Fayose’s public breakdown “political drama” and “emotional blackmail” to get the most of Saturday polling votes.

accentsegun
@accentsegun_ige
Replying to @channelstv
Good morning Gov. Fayose action is purely a political drama. He wants people of Ekiti to sympathize with him in the name of getting their votes for Saturday Governorship Election. Our Politicians should STOP embarrassing us to the world.

8:54 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See accentsegun’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Iheanyichukwu Alarib£
@alaribe05
Replying to @channelstv
They slapped and shot @GovAyoFayose without any proof to such allegation and your security men didn’t snap when & where & how dey shot u… another comic film produce and directed by @GovAyoFayose titled #EkitiGate2018..starring all @OfficialPDPNig officials

9:02 AM – Jul 12, 2018

8:47 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See Toby Fagboh’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

IAmMoodeiva
@mojaius11
Replying to @channelstv
Mr FAyose,dis is called emotional blackmail,we sympathize wit u BT u can’t have our vote.Ur re is here let’s try a new regime.

9:44 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See IAmMoodeiva’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

To Him alone……..
@primecover1
Replying to @channelstv
@GovAyoFayose please send your complain to @PoliceNG_PCRRU stating the place, time, people and video evidence. @YomiShogunle

9:49 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See To Him alone……..’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

bammyraj
@bammyraj1
Replying to @channelstv
Its good to be slapped.What goes round comes round.Remember all you did to become a governor in 2014.

9:43 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See bammyraj’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

MAHMUD ODUOYE
@odus1200
Replying to @channelstv
Gov Fayose said “Policemen Slapped me”
Deputy Gov Eleka said “Policemen pushed and kicked me”
If I may ask- shey nha only demm WAKA come

9:04 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See MAHMUD ODUOYE’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

MUNAFA MOSES EGEIN
@mosesb2k
Replying to @channelstv
Police shot at you then what happened they missed or your odeshi worked?

11:57 AM – Jul 12, 2018
See MUNAFA MOSES EGEIN’s other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Earlier he accused the police of brutalizing him at a rally of his party gone berserk.
“I was slapped by a policeman who kicked me and shot at me,” he told the rally, days ahead of Saturday’s governorship elections in Ekiti.

“Be of great courage. This battle must be won,” he added.

At least 30,000 police and some 10,000 civil defenders have deployed to Ekiti for the polls.
Fayose called the deployment an “army of occupation” on his state, and called on the international community to intervene.

“This is not the democracy we asked for. I want you to stand and remain standing,” he told his supporters.
“I will go back to hospital and remain there for a while to rest. I am having a plot of pains but I am prepared to bear these pains because of you,” he declared.

“Nigeria is in trouble. Ekiti is in trouble. They [probable reference to security agencies]said they have instructions to kill me or the candidate of the party. They said they have results already they are going to announce on Saturday.”

Source