65-year-old man electrocuted

4

image

A 65-year-old man identified as Adeyemi Ogunleye was at the weekend electrocuted on the roof of his house at Oyemekun road, Akure, the Ondo State capital.
Daily Trust gathered that the incident occurred Saturday morning during the monthly environmental sanitation exercise of the state.
Sources said the lifeless body of the deceased was discovered on top of the roof still holding a cable.
The deceased, it was learnt, was trying to make connections to an electric pole in front of his house to enable electricity supply into the house.
A neighbour of the deceased who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “We woke this morning (Saturday) to see him on the roof. I think he was trying to illegally connect a wire from his house to the electric pole in front of the house when the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) suddenly restored power supply. He was found still holding a naked wire.”
Contacted, spokesman for the Ondo State Police Command, Mr. Femi Joseph confirmed the incident, adding that the deceased was making illegal connection.
Daily Trust

Share.

About Author

4 Comments

  1. Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to
    look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and
    will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and great
    design.

Leave A Reply

Join Our Official WhatsApp Group For Hot News
%d bloggers like this: