2 kids burnt to death in Ipaja fire

0

fire

Two siblings have been killed in a fire incident which was suspected to have been caused by a candle in Ipaja area, on Tuesday.

 

The victims, five-year-old Rokibat, and three-year-old Amirat, were burnt to death at their parents’ house in Ifelodun Close, Ajasa Command.

 

It was learnt that their mother, during the fire outbreak, hurriedly took two of their siblings to safety and had returned too late as the gate was already jammed

 

Lagos Metro was told that the Lagos State Fire Service received the alert late and had difficultly in locating the area, as the sympathisers had put out the fire before the Fire Service officers arrived.

 

The corpses were said to have been taken away by their relatives.

 

One of the tenants said that the fire started at about 12:00 a.m. “I don’t really know how it happened, but at 12:00 a.m., my wife raised the alarm while I was asleep, that our neighbour’s apartment was on fire. By the time we got there, we discovered that it had taken over the whole room.

 

Tribune

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply

Join Our Official WhatsApp Group For Hot News